When the OBA went in, i was left unable to gain access to the cap on the Saginaw. I tried a 'cheap' method of getting around that, by drilling a hole in the cap, sticking a barb fitting through, and liquid-nailing it all together, but the trans fluid attacked the liquid nails and caused a big leak. So this time around it was done right. We took a 1-1/4 pipe cap, and machined it to fit over the neck of the pump. then drilled a hole in the top for a street elbow to fit through. Then we tinned it, and soldered it all up.
Since the pump was apart, i decided to follow a write-up posted on West Texas' Offroad on porting the Saginaw Powersteering Pump. Their article can be read here.